Git is a software configuration management (SCM) program. This is just a fancy way of saying that it’s a software package that tracks and controls changes in the code.
I initially installed Git because I was playing around with Vagrant (local web development). It’s also a safe way to get the nerdy Bash shell (UNIX-like scripting language) for Windows without going into Cygwin .
Remuxing reassembles the data packets of the audio stream and that’s exactly how to fix the problem.
I found the perfect font to use for titles in a presentation, Raleway Semi-bold. I installed it and when I went back to PowerPoint, I had two options: bold and italic. So, where’s semi-bold? A quick search found that it’s a MS-Office problem. A hack around it was to remove all other variations of the bold font, except for the semi-bold. This would be great unless I wanted to use the actual bold font. My solution was to rename the Semi-Bold Raleway font and install it as a “new” font.
HTMLy a simple PHP CMS program that stores all the posts in Markdown. It’s also open source and free. It looks like recent development is a few months old, which is a concern. There is not a lot of documentation available either. Many of these applications are one-man shows. If this guy disappears, so does the program. The good news is that the github issue forum is active.
Way back in the day, Microsoft gave out a very good offline blogging program called Windows Live Writer. It was an offline WYSIWYG blog editor that allowed you to write, save, and post all from the comfort of your local PC desktop and came bundled in an online package called Windows Essentials. The program stalled out on version Windows Live Writer 2012. Microsoft opened sourced the program as Open Live Writer at the end of 2015.
Like the older version, it’s possible to tweak the theme and to make it look more like your blog.
Jupyter Notebook is an interactive computational environment to run code, add rich text, compute mathematics, draw plots, and add rich media–all in the comfort of your browser.
It looked like a simple command line switch would do the job:
Jupyter Notebook -–browser=”chrome”
That doesn’t work. I tried it without quotes and single quotes. I’ve got a bald spot on the side of my head trying to figure this one out. There’s not much on the web.
Here’s how to do it:
The best bet would be to remove any old versions of Inkscape first and see if your problem is solved.
I fixed this by going into the WIN7 registry and searching for .svg in HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT and deleting the “Content Type REG_SZ application/svg” entry. Now, this is the REGISTRY and you can screw up some things if you delete the wrong stuff.
After editing the Registry, I installed the latest version of Inkscape 0.91 without any problems with Brackets.